Developer: Among Us
Developer: Innersloth LLC
Android, iOS, Steam
Among Us Guide – Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
This post was written by Nick Schaer on 6 Sep, 2020
1. The Basics of Among UsAmong Us is a science fiction themed party game. The game allows you to play online or over local WiFi with 4-10 players as you attempt to prepare your spaceship for departure. The fun part? You need to beware as one player will be an impostor bent on killing everyone! Follow our guide below to ace the mission!
2. Two Ways to WinThere are two ways to win Among Us. Crewmates can win by completing all tasks or discovering and voting the impostor off the ship. Meanwhile the Impostor can use sabotage to cause chaos, making for easier kills and better alibis. Among Us is, hands down, one of the best party games you can play if you have no fun activities planned for a jolly evening with your friends. It can be just as fun if you start a match alongside several other people or alone, with a full lobby of online players.
3. Impostor AbilitiesYou have two abilities as an Impostor, Sabotage and Kill. The latter gives you the possibility to slay a Crewmate when you’re within range (distance can be short, medium, or long, depending on the host’s settings). Usually, there’s a 10 second cooldown. This can, however, be increased by the host to a full minute, should they desire a more slow-paced game. Sabotage, on the other hand, creates a temporary problem somewhere on the ship. Depending on what it is, Crewmates might have to just wait it out, go there fix it, or ignore what’s going on. You can also lock them up in various rooms for a limited amount of time by closing the doors. Lastly, Impostors can crawl through vents which are inaccessible to Crew. You can use these to either hide after a kill or move around the map with great ease. The time you spend here doesn’t count towards the CD of your Sabotage or Kill, though.
4. Don’t Jump the GunBelieve it or not, you can get people in trouble for saying the truth if they’re not careful enough to augment their statements with sound proof. For instance, if someone says they saw you going into a vent, you can easily turn it around and claim they’re trying to divert attention from themselves. As a general rule, players tend to see those who jump the gun with increased skepticism. When debating for yourself during a discussion, try to seem laid-back. You also get bonus points if you can convince the group that an emergency meeting was called for nothing – nobody hates fake emergencies more than Crewmates.
5. Avoid SuspicionCertain tasks have an animation when they are being completed by a Crew member. When someone is blasting meteors, you can actually see the guns firing. Similarly, the medical bay’s scan will have a green animation. Shield, as well as trash disposal assignments also have visual cues. If a group of people is formed, you want to go ahead and stick with them as much as possible, to avoid suspicion.
Final WordFollow our guide above to aid your friends and beat the imposter. Now get in there and save the day!
- Don’t give yourself away
- Learn your abilities as the Impostor
Top 10 Mobile Games