Asphalt 9: Legends is the definitive entry in the long running racing series by Gameloft. With our guide, you will be winning races and unlocking cars faster than your competition.
1. The Basics of Asphalt 9The gameplay in Asphalt 9 is similar to other games in the Asphalt series, with noticeable improvements in graphics and design. There are 72 cars currently in the game total. Like its predecessors, each of the cars belongs to a class progressively featuring higher performance and rarity: D, C, B, A, and S. You start the game with a car in the lowest class (Class D), the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X. You can unlock more games in the game by collecting blueprints. All cars have between 3 and 6 stars. For each new star, a cars performance capability is increased. You can also modify and customize each car with custom paint job colors to the body, rims, and brake calipers for most models. Some models also allow for carbon parts on the hood, trunk, and wings. A multiplayer feature called “clubs”, where up to 20 players can collaboratively score points to achieve rewards is also in the game.
2. Gameplay FunctionsThe game also features “nitro shockwave”, returning from Asphalt 6: Adrenaline and Asphalt 7: Heat. When the player has a full nitro bar and taps twice on the Nitro button, a purple pulse is released from the vehicle while the car’s speed increases. Asphalt 9 also features three control schemes: Tilt to Steer, Tap to Steer, and the brand new “Touch Drive” in which the player selects routes and stunts by swiping left and right.
3. Modes and TracksThere are three playing modes: Career, Multiplayer, and Events. In career mode, the player completes single-player “chapters” that each consist of several series of races focusing on a certain car class or manufacturer. In Multiplayer, the player competes against other online players in real time. In Events, the player participates in a daily or weekly competition to beat other players’ times or earn other items. There are multiple race types in Asphalt 9. The “classic” race mode from previous games has returned alongside new races, “Time Attack” and “Hunted.” In Time Attack, the vehicle has to cross the finish line before a timer runs out. In Hunted, the player must escape a police pursuit in a car chase without crashing or running out of time. The game features a number of race tracks set in various locations: Cairo, the Himalayas, the U.S. Midwest, Scotland, Caribbean, San Francisco, Rome, and Shanghai.
4. Unlock Cars for FreeIn order to gain more blueprints and unlock more cars for free, you should always complete any daily events you see. Logging in each day is a must to unlocking the most gear. My Career mode is also a vital way to further unlock more cars. Finally, joining a club and participating in group milestones can also help you unlock more free cars.
5. Card Packs and MultiplayerParticipating in the many multiplayer modes offered in Asphalt 9 will allow you to further advance in the game and unlock more gear. You can also open card packs in the shop to unlock new blueprints. The more you play of Asphalt 9, the more you unlock. Commit yourself to complete daily activities everyday to unlock more and more in this ever-growing game.
- Complete daily activities
- Join a club
- Race in multiplayer