Developer: Castaway Paradise
Developer: Stolen Couch Games
Stolen Couch Games
Android, iOS, PC, PS4, Xbox One
Castaway Paradise Guide – Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
This post was written by Nick Schaer on 15 Feb, 2020
1. The Basics of Castaway ParadiseJust like the ever popular classic games Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, Castaway Paradise follows the player as the resident of a small town filled with animals getting the island into better shape, by repairing its buildings and bridges, and clearing rocks and weeds. The player can do other tasks in the game, such as catching bugs, fish, collecting sea shells, and socializing with the other villagers. Players are also able to grow their own flowers and fruit trees, farm their own crops, decorate the island and their home, and decide what their character wears. In addition, villagers will set quests for the player, and there is roster of tasks to do that changes several times a day, through which the player can gain experience points. Like Animal Crossing there are special events and items for sale on specific days, such as holidays. Despite the tropical island theme, Castaway Paradise was around before the upcoming newest New Horizons entry in the Animal Crossing franchise. Follow our guide below to beautify your town and succeed in this sandbox life sim!
2. Don’t Sell Your Fruit, Plant ItWhile roaming about town you’ll occasionally find fruit laying around on the ground in Castaway Paradise. It can be sold to Polly or Samir for a quick bit of cash, but don’t be in a rush to get rid of that delicious apple or banana. Plant it instead. Planted fruit eventually grows into trees, which keep on supplying fruit as long as you water them (or when it rains). With time and patience, you’ll have a real cash crop on your hands. Sweet right?
3. Play EverydayUnlike Harvest Moon, and more like Animal Crossing, Castaway Paradise continues to advance even when you are not playing. Life on your island continues whether you are there or not. You receive bonuses for checking in on Castaway Paradise every day. You might receive money, or even the aforementioned plantable fruit.
4. Watch Your StaminaMore like Harvest Moon than Animal Crossing, in Castaway Paradise you have a stamina meter that you need to keep watch of. That’s why it is important to note how many times you need to use a tool before a task is completed. Tasks like watering trees and flowers, breaking rocks, and digging up stumps require more than one action. Take note how many times you need to use the relevant tool before the task is done. Using tools takes up stamina, which will automatically regenerate over time.
5. Find Your FriendsCan’t find where your friends on the island are? Can’t find the shop? Tap or hit the magnifying glass icon in the lower-left corner of the screen. You’ll get a bird’s eye view of the island as well as nearby shops and villagers that have issued quests. It’s a useful tool to keep track of active quests, while also letting you admire the beauty of your growing island.
6. It’s a ShakedownOne of Animal Crossing’s most famous elements is here in Castaway Paradise. Want free stuff? Shake a tree! Shaking a tree containing ripe fruit will gift you with a piece of that fruit, which you can plant or sell. Don’t forget to shake down pine trees as well. Some villagers issue quests that require you to grow pine trees, which you can’t do without a pine cone.
Final WordIf you follow our guide you’ll be growing your town in no time and mastering this wonderful life sim. Have fun!
- Plant fruit to grow trees
- Check in everyday
- Shake trees for free stuff
Top 10 Mobile Games