Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Developer: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Windows, OS X, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Linux, Steam
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Guide – Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
This post was written by Nick Schaer on 25 Apr, 2020
1. The Basics of Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveCounter-Strike: Global Offensive was originally released in 2012. The game now stands as the go-to multiplayer shooter, with millions of players worldwide. Recently, the game has become free to play. Now anyone can log in and start racking up their kills. Follow our guide below to become the best on the battefield.
2. Be Silent as a MouseJust like in a real world war, it’s not always wise to go stomping right up to your enemies. You are always better off catching them off-guard. In CS:Go, your in-game character makes noise, and normal players around you can listen to them. Sometimes you have no time to press Shift and walk silently – the game is so fast-paced, but when you can.. it’s a pivotal gameplay element to take advantage of.
3. Practice with Different GunsPractice is needed to shoot properly with CS:GO weapons, and it’s better to get this practice beforehand, for example, during offline matches with bots. Don’t pick the most visually appealing gun. Each gun fires different, and different guns will match different playstyles. Try out and practice with different guns first before a real world online match. In Competitive and even Casual Matchmaking, teammates expect from you the best performance possible. It’s not the time for getting acquainted with new pistols and rifles. You should take firearms you have enough experience with.
4. Drop the Bomb!For the T team, keeping the bomb is quite a significant task. Your teammates won’t be happy if you lose it at the start of the round – for CTs to keep an eye on that precious thing. In many cases, it’s better to press G when you’re holding the bomb to drop it for more experienced players to take care of. Many players drop the bomb in a safe area and pick it up when the situation on the map is clearer and the T team is able to mount a proper attack on a bombsite.
5. Aim LowerCS:GO rifles and SMGs try to copy real weapons, and this is what makes the game so fascinating. You can’t expect all bullets from a spraying gun to hit one only dot in the virtuality. CS:GO spray patterns make quite a good topic to explore in the game. To simplify things, try to shoot just slightly lower – quite soon your victim will be in the most dangerous area. Of course, that’s true about spraying, not about one-shot mode. Short spraying is often more accurate – it’s smart to make breaks in your shooting.
6. Reload, Reload, ReloadFacing opponents when you have one bullet in the magazine is not the best situation in CS:GO – your character might be dead before the reload finishes. It’s key to try and keep your gun fully loaded at all times. On the other hand, adding bullets to your gun when it’s not necessary creates the risk of being caught in the middle of the process with the same result of sudden death. It’s all about balance. Don’t start attacks with a couple bullets left. Don’t reload when you still have lots of ammo to battle with. Always reload in a safe place.
Final WordIf you follow our guide, you’ll be mastering the battlefield in no time. Take your time practicing in bot matches until you start taking out the real players in online mode.
- Practice with different guns
- Adjust your aim lower
Top 10 Mobile Games