Developer: Crowd City
Crowd City Guide – Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
This post was written by Nick Schaer on 23 May, 2020
1. The Basics of Crowd CityCrowd City is a colorfully simple multiplayer player-versus-player arcade game. You start off as a lonely individual in the game, but running into a person will make them follow you. Gather a bunch of people to start a big crowd, then you can start stealing other player’s followers. The game is based on a popular .io game, and now has come to Android and iOS. Follow our Crowd City guide to make sure you get the biggest crowd!
2. Choose the Right PlacesIf you are having trouble finding people to pick up into your crowd, try checking out the popular buildings and areas. You have to ask yourself: where would crowds of people be in a city? Look for those places. There are stadiums littered around the city, and you can usually find people pouring out of the entrances. If you hang out around the entrances, you can easily rack up a bunch of people pretty fast. Another good place to look is simply any street. You should find lots of people just strolling down the streets, and that’s not even on the sidewalks. Just go ahead and zoom up and down a street, and you should grab lots of people even in the middle of the road.
3. Capture the EnemyYour main objective in the game is to swallow up the other players as fast as you can, just like a spreading virus. If you have just a single more follower than they do, then any contact with other players will slowly convert their followers to yours. If you can manage to take all of a players followers, including themselves, they will be considered eliminated and you earn bonus followers. It plays very similar to the old open source game Liquid War.
4. CornersWhen you see another player with a lower follower count than you, they will try to make escape you by running around. Corner them! Since all players move at the same speed, you will need to take sharp turns to slowly catch up to them. What is even better is cornering them, and we highly suggest it. Try to force your opponent to take a turn into a building or dead end to trap them.
5. Head for the Core And Follow the RanksWhen you get to the point where you are dealing with one hundred plus sized crowds, it is time to go for the core. Always look for the person that has the name above their head – that is your main target, and the opponent’s main character. If you miss parts of the crowd, you can simply go for the main character. If you can manage to capture him, the rest of the crowd will automatically be given to you. Sweet right? Lastly, every match you finish will reward you with rank points. Depending on how well you did before you got converted into someone else’s crowd, you will be rewarded with an equal amount of rank points. When you have collected enough rank points, you will rank up. Every time you rank up you gain one more starting follower. This means that at rank 2, you will start the game with two followers, and so forth. While this does not seem like much, it can give you the edge at the beginning of a match to really turn the tables on your enemies.
Final WordIf you follow our guide, you’ll be mastering this city in no time. Now go on and take over those crowds!
- Rank up
- Corner your enemies
Top 10 Mobile Games