Dr. Mario World
Developer: Dr. Mario World
Dr. Mario World
Dr. Mario World Guide – Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
This post was written by Nick Schaer on 7 Feb, 2020
1. The Basics of Dr. Mario WorldIn Dr. Mario World, the Mushroom Kingdom is being invaded by a horde of viruses of various colors. To save the Kingdom, Mario, Princess Peach, and Bowser must don lab coats and defeat the viruses by destroying them with capsules of the same color as the viruses. This follows the same gameplay concept introduced with the original Dr. Mario video game. Other characters in the game from the Mario franchise include Luigi, Yoshi, Toad, Toadette, Bowser Jr., Ludwig von Koopa, Wendy O. Koopa, Waluigi, Wario, and Princess Daisy. You’ll complete puzzles spanning multiple worlds across the Kingdom.
2. How to PlayThe goal of in every Dr. Mario World single-player level is the same. Eliminate a certain number of viruses. Because Dr. Mario has access to the best anti-virals around, all you have to do is match three or more of the same color capsules and viruses in combination to remove them from the board. To accomplish this you can use any number of combinations: two viruses and half a capsule, one virus and a full capsule, three capsule halves, but at least half of one capsule needs to be involved. A completed match removes everything involved it in from the board, but if there’s half a capsule that isn’t part of a match, it will then float up toward the top once the match is finished. Sounds easy right? Dr. Mario plays similar to a classic match 3 game.
3. How to Get Free Hearts in Dr. Mario WorldDr. Mario World introduces some new gameplay elements to the franchise. Most notable hearts. The player uses hearts to play a level, which replenish over time. But if you can’t wait, there’s one easy way to gain more hearts. Ask your friends for them. Of course, that requires you to have friends also playing Dr. Mario World, but if you do this will make your life as Dr. Mario much easier. If you decide to link a Facebook account, you can automatically pull in all of your friends who are playing the game and have them opted in. This works wonders, resulting in an instant friends list.
4. Doctors and AssistantsIn Dr. Mario World, there are 10 different doctors you can use as your in-game character, along with 32 different assistants. The choice of doctor is more than just cosmetic. Each doctor has a different skill, which can be activated once the skill meter fills up, either by making matches or clearing special skill charger items off the board. The portrait of your doctor will flash when your skill is available, and you simply tap it to use it. This makes trying out different doctors very important. Assistants have a much more limited role. They grant bonuses in both single-player and PvP, but they don’t have their own active skills or anything that involved. You can equip up to two assistants at one time. Try out different combinations to suit your playing style.
5. How to Get Free CoinsYou know you are playing a Nintendo game or anything Mario when shiny gold coins are involved. Dr. Mario World is no exception. Coins help your chances to unlock new characters, they can also help you directly in your quest to clear more levels as you can spend them on power-ups. But you’ll need more coins to do all that spending, and thankfully there are several ways to earn more for free. Clear more levels in Stages Mode to gain more coins. The better score you get, the more coins you’ll earn just by playing. For better scores, try to make as many matches as possible and get rid of all viruses with as many remaining capsules as you can. There are also assistants who boost your coin earnings, like Goomba. Another way is to Clear Doctor’s Orders. These are the very on-brand in-game name for achievements in Dr. Mario World. You’ll find the current orders by tapping the chart icon in the upper-right corner of the main screen, and they reset every 24 hours. Finally, another way to gain free coins is to win in Versus mode. Winning battles there earns you coins, plus you’ll receive even more by earning enough battle points to move up to higher tiers.
Final WordIf you follow our guide you’ll be saving the Mushroom Kingdom from the virus invasion no time. Now get downloading and help Dr. Mario cure these nasty bugs!
- Try out different doctors and assistants
- Earn free coins
- Invite your friends to earn hearts
Top 10 Mobile Games