Android, iOS, PC, Linux
Mindustry Guide – Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
This post was written by Nick Schaer on 21 Feb, 2020
1. The Basics of MindustryMindustry is a hybrid tower-defense sandbox factory game. Your job is to create elaborate supply chains of conveyor belts to feed ammo into your turrets, produce materials to use for building, and defend your structures from waves of enemies. Sounds easy right? It’s definitely not. Mindustry is very complex and full featured. The game includes a map editor, 24 built-in maps, cross-platform multiplayer and large-scale PvP unit battles. Follow our guide below to help you master this fun and complex new game.
2. The CoreFor this guide we will start with your main structure, the Core. Throughout the game you will send yourself and your core to different areas, some areas have small “Core shards” while others have medium “Core foundations.” You’ll find that most of the harder levels start you with the “Core Nucleus”. The core is used to store materials for later use, or for launching to spend on your Tech Tree. Each piece of the core has a different storage capacity. Shards hold 4k of each material, Foundations hold 9k of each material, and Nuclei hold 14k of each material. If your core gets destroyed by Enemies you fail the level. Sounds simple right? Your core is used as a main hub. You can put materials in it and take material out of it. Any materials left inside of the core when you launch will be transferred to your material storage to be spent on your tech tree, or launched to areas with you to get a head start.
3. Protect Your CoreIt is critically important to protect your core, this IS a tower defense game after all. Most levels will start you off with some weak defenses around the core, while others start you with strong defenses or simply no defenses. No matter the circumstances, you do not want your core to be destroyed. If your core ends up destroyed, you lose all of the materials in the core, as well as any buildings on the map, and thus fail the level. Sometimes if you have enough general defense, core defense is not really needed. But it’s always good to have as a safety precaution in place just in case.
4. The DefensesDefenses are one of the main features of mindustry. In the game you will build walls and turrets to defend against the never-sending constant enemy threat. As you advance further in the game the waves progress and get harder. This means your defense should get bigger and stronger. You’ll start the game with small Duo turrets, then you can get turrets such as Meltdown which fire a massive laser beam at enemies. Walls are also useful for keeping enemies out of places, or making elaborate mazes for enemies to traverse through. They are almost essential for any successful defense. There are a few tiers of walls, but they all serve the same purpose. Some walls will be more durable, or some walls will deflect bullets. You’ll need to use a bit of both to succeed.
5. TurretsTurrets are essential for progression. When fed with ammo they will shoot at enemies and defend your buildings, most of the early turrets will shoot materials such as Copper, Lead or Graphite. Meanwhile the previously mentioned meltdown will consume power to shoot. When combined with walls and a steady supply of ammo, these can defend your base for a long time, but don’t forget to check up on your defenses and update them if needed.
6. The EnemiesIt helps to learn who you are facing off against in Mindustry. Enemies are the robots that try to destroy your core, they come in many different shapes and sizes, some equipped with lasers, others explode on impact. The first units you will encounter are the Dagger Mechs, Crawler Mechs and Wraith Fighters. The AI will generally try to find the quickest route to the core, so for example if you walled off an area they would try to go around it. If the enemies have nowhere to go, they will try to break through the thinnest wall, regardless if there are turrets there or not. Since they prefer to not break through walls, this allows you to make a maze of walls for them to go through while you have turrets shooting them, however most enemies will attack anything nearby so be careful when doing this.
Final WordIf you follow our guide you’ll be blowing up your enemies in no time! Now start building your walls and defending your cores!
- Build walls
- Protect your cores
- Trap your enemies in a maze
Top 10 Mobile Games