Developer: MLB Manager
Developer: Out of the Park Developments
Out of the Park Developments
MLB Manager Guide – Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
This post was written by Nick Schaer on 11 Apr, 2020
1. The Basics of MLB Manager 2018Out of the Park Developments is most famous for their sports sim, OOTP Baseball. Each year the game gets a new release with updates. The game essentially is a baseball sandbox, giving you complete control over a simulated baseball league. MLB Manager 2018 is the most up to date and latest port of the famous franchise, letting you play the role of commissioner, GM, and manager whenever you want. Follow our guide to master all the different ways to play.
2. Simulate a MLB Season SuccessfullySimulating an MLB season as your favorite team is the best way to get a feel for the game. As the general manager you get to make key decisions that will help you achieve your ultimate goal: win the World Series. The game also casts you as on the field manager as well. So if you want to, you can control every little detail of the simulated games. You’ll draft new players, sign free agents, and make on the field calls if you want to. You can also choose to let the AI make gameday decisions, and you can just sit back as the GM and make the real tough decisions. It’s key to use the trade system to your advantage. No matter the team, the AI tends to favor prospects over veterans. So if you are playing a low ranking low payroll team like the Rays, you can truly nab some excellent veterans by trading away your prospects. Or if you’d rather keep your payroll down, you can play multiple seasons until your prospects are ready for the show.
3. Fictional and Historical LeaguesIf you want to start from scratch, you can choose to play fictional leagues. These leagues have over 800 randomly generated logos and names, and when you start a league teams and fictional players are chosen for you at random. This allows you to truly master your own fictional baseball team, away from the comfort of the official MLB league. You can also choose to play a historical league from the past. Now you can make your dreams of playing as a manager during the golden age of baseball a reality. Stars like Babe Ruth will be under your control.
4. Manage Like a True ProAs a General Manager you will be trading, signing free agents, extending contracts, and dealing with every issue that comes up. Your decisions will have a major impact on the team. Afterall, you are setting the team up with who it is comprised of. Many of the actions like actual games and setting up line ups, can be done by the AI. So if you become overwhelmed, it is best to the let the computer takeover. Start slow by signing free agents and making trades. Watch your team slowly develop, and deal with injuries as they happen. You can’t always make the World Series your first season.
5. Baseball Never EndsPart of what makes MLB Manager so amazing is that the game is truly a virtual world. It’s built on the same engine that powers OOTP, allowing you to truly immerse yourself in this fictional universe. The game never ends, constantly filling up the void of retiring players with new ones. You can literally play for in-game decades if you wanted to.
Final WordMLB Manager is a sports fans dream. Sure the game might be dated 2018, but it’s the latest entry in the iconic series for mobile devices. If you have been craving the job of being a baseball manager, and signing the million dollar players, then this game is for you. Now start your quest towards the World Series.
- Trade with other teams
- Let the AI handle lineups
- Manage your team accordingly
Top 10 Mobile Games