Old School RuneScape
Developer: Old School RuneScape
Old School RuneScape
PC, Linux, Android, iOS
Old School RuneScape Guide – Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
This post was written by Nick Schaer on 3 May, 2020
1. The Basics of Old School RuneScapeBased on the original 2007 version of RuneScape, Old School RuneScape is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed and published by Jagex. The game is free and makes profit through a membership subscription that gives free-to-play members access to the full “pay-to-play” content of the game. There are two editions of the RuneScape game currently running, the new RS and this one called OSRS for short. The Old School edition is by far the most popular, blending the classic gameplay elements of RuneScape while updating them for modern audiences and mobile devices. Follow our guide below to be a master of the game!
2. Use Tap-to-DropTo speed up menu navigation in Old School RuneScape Mobile, there is a small icon at the top of the left hand menu that allows you to toggle tap-to-drop. Use this option when gathering or creating items that aren’t worth much gold. Inventory space is more valuable than gold in many situations. Tap-to-drop isn’t the only option available for this handy little button. Long press to switch to switch between tap-to-drop, single-tap, and Keyboard shortcuts.
3. Selling in BulkSelling in bulk is a great way to turn your efforts into profit, depending on if you’d like to put the time in with other players. It doesn’t particularly matter what the bulk set of items they are because there’s always going to be someone out there that wants a bunch of that item, but doesn’t quite want to put the effort in getting them all. In these cases you can completely upsell the items as you see fit to eventually rope in a tidy profit. Be warned – People will try and wean out the price a little bit for bulk items, so do your math before selling. Losing out on 100gp isn’t too special, but if you’re losing 5K with each sale, that quickly mounts up and makes making money not nearly as beneficial.
4. Slayer TrainingSlayer is a skill available only to paying Old School RuneScape members. Once a player reaches a certain skill level, they will be able to defeat otherwise unkillable monsters. Some of these monsters include slayer bosses that have rare and valuable drops. The only way to train the Slayer skill is by receiving a task from one of the game’s seven Slayer masters. Slayer masters are located around the map, but the first one (Turael) is located in the general store in Burthorpe. His tasks have no minimum requirement, so he’s the best place to start for new or low-level players. When you approach a Slayer master (and meet the minimum requirement) they will assign you a monster to kill. Often these monsters require special Slayer equipment to defeat. Make sure to ask the Slayer master for advice, and buy the gear from them if required.
5. Pick up Any and All GoldYou’d think this would be the most obvious, but funnily enough it’s the one that people tend to ignore the most. I understand that while you may not want to tediously pick up every piece of gold that ever dropped from an NPC, but just think about how much gold that you might have ignored throughout all of your time in RuneScape? By any chance, is that a lot of gold?! Yeah, I thought it might be; hence why from here on out you should make sure not to ignore any gold left lying around, because while you might feel it doesn’t amount to much – eventually it will and you’ll feel a tad silly about leaving so much free cash behind.
6. FlippingFlipping is the process where you purchase an item, be it singular or in the form of bulk and then proceed to sell it for an increased profit. One of the best ways to do this is to look at some price guides online to see how certain items are doing on different worlds; all so you can purchase them cheaply from one place, only to upsell them for a considerable amount higher on another one.
Final WordIf you follow our guide, you’ll be mastering this classic game in no time. Now go on brave adventurer, and experience the world of RuneScape!
- Flip items for profit
- Collect all the gold you can
Top 10 Mobile Games