Developer: Retro Bowl
Developer: New Star Games
New Star Games
Retro Bowl Guide – Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
This post was written by Nick Schaer on 3 Apr, 2020
1. The Basics of Retro BowlLet’s face it, all of us like to play armchair quarterback. And that is why sports sims are so popular. We all have the dream of managing and driving a team to the big championship. Sports sims have been around since the early days of gaming, and Retro Bowl takes us back there. Presented in a glorious retro style, the game has simple roster management that is perfect for mobile. You’ll tackle the duties of being a manager including press duties and the handling of fragile egos on the team. All while on the field you get to call the shots. The goal of the game of course is to take your team all the way to the ultimate prize: the Retro Bowl. Follow our guide below to be the best manager you can be.
2. Improve And Upgrade Your FacilitiesIn the beginning of the game your stadium, training facilities, and rehab facilities will be in shambles and definitely needing of some work. Your primary focus should be to improve the training and rehab facilities first. Improving the training facility will help players gain experience faster, which will allow you to build a better team overall. If you start enhancing the rehab facility you’ll help players recover from injury. And like real life, injuries happen frequently in Retro Bowl. You don’t want to have your star players out a long time.
3. All About the OffenseRetro Bowl rewards offense. Defense is not a big deal as much as offense is. Smashmouth offense isn’t your best strategy here. Instead the running game should only be used in third and short situations. Even then, passing is still a viable option. When passing you shouldn’t be afraid to check down to the running back. Depending on the rating of the opponent’s defense, you may frequently find that all your receivers are covered. This is particularly likely to happen if they are running a straight “Go” route. Players who run some variation of a slant can usually find an opening in a defense. If not, just pass it to the running back and pick up a few yards.
4. Manage Like a ProBeing a manager doesn’t start and stop on the field. There’s a lot on your plate as a head coach off the field, and it’s important to manage all your resources properly. That includes player morale, player condition, salary cap, coaching credits, and yes.. fans. As the season plays out, you’ll be given the opportunity to make some small decisions that can impact your team for weeks to come. For example, you can choose to praise a player (and increase morale) or praise the fans (and increase the number of fans). Unfortunately, there isn’t a steadfast rule as to what you should pick based for each situation. It will depend on your situation at the time of that choice. Do your best to make sure nothing is ever running low. It’s also beneficial to max out your fans as quickly as possible, that way each win will grant you more coaching credits.
5. Two-Point Conversion is KingIf you know anything about football, attempting a two-point conversion after you score a touchdown isn’t usually advised. However, if your running back is running a “Bubble’, a route that heads towards the sideline before moving up field, you should keep the kicking team off the field. Usually the defense has trouble stopping this play during conversions. After you score a touchdown, keep an eye on the field to see if your back will be running this route. If not, just go for one.
Final WordRetro Bowl is a beautifully nostalgic sports sim that is really easy to play but surprisingly deep. If you’re looking to play a football game that will run on any hardware, and crave the glory days.. this game is for you. Now take your team to the Retro Bowl!
- Watch your resources
- Focus on offense instead of defense
- Manage your team accordingly
Top 10 Mobile Games