The Elder Scrolls: Blades
Developer: The Elder Scrolls: Blades
The Elder Scrolls: Blades
The Elder Scrolls: Blades Guide – Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
This post was written by Nick Schaer on 21 Nov, 2019
1. The Basics of The Elder Scrolls: BladesBlades is the mobile adaption (and soon to be launched on other platforms as well), of the critically acclaimed franchise “The Elder Scrolls”. Pretty much everyone knows or has played Skyrim in the past, the most popular game in the series. While Blades is not technically Skyrim on mobile, it does look and feel like the magical world we all know so well. The game is designed specifically for mobile devices and features one-on-one combat through tapping, swiping, or using virtual dual-stick controls via touch screen. No open world is present. Instead you have a few different modes to choose from: Abyss, Arena, and Town.
2. The AbyssAbyss features an endless dungeon that you can explore. You’ll collect chests and battle various enemies as you progress further and deeper into the dungeon.If you played Skyrim, these levels definitely have the feel of the various caves and mines you can explore in Skyrim. But Blades introduces the roguelike element by making the dungeon endless. Abyss is the best mode to play over and over, as you can level up your character much faster by making progress in the endless dungeon.
3. The ArenaArena is Blades multiplayer mode. Here you can battle against other players. It’s key to only enter the arena once you’ve unlocked some decent armor and weapons. Train and level up your character in the Abyss first before venturing into player versus player battles in the arena.
4. The TownYou will spend most of your time in the Town as it is your hub. Here you can talk with non-player characters (a stable of the series) and receive quests. The Town is the main way to advance the story in the game. When you start Blades, your town is in shambles and must be rebuilt. As you progress through the game you’ll rebuild the town to it’s former glory. By building and upgrading you’ll unlock more NPCs and quests. You also have the ability to visit a friend’s town as well.Gameplay is pretty simple. Fight enemies in the dungeons. Earn new loot. Improve your character. Rebuild your town. Simple yet complex, because of all the skills you can improve.
Final TipsTo succeed at Elder Scrolls: Blades, you should spend most of your time fighting your way through the dungeons in the Abyss. Once you are ready, you can take on other players in the Arena. Keep upgrading your Town and chatting with the locals to unlock quests, and further the story.
- Level up in the Abyss
- Get new quests from the locals
- Upgrade your town accordingly
Top 10 Mobile Games