Developer: The Quest
Android, iOS, PC, Linux
The Quest Guide – Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
This post was written by Nick Schaer on 28 Feb, 2020
1. Introduction to The QuestIf you’ve ever played The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall, you’ll feel right home playing The Quest. The game features a massive open world and a retro graphics style that fits the theme perfectly. In the kingdom of Monares trouble is brewing. The governor of Freymore is missing and the island is in tumult. The mages all prophesy a dark shadow looming over the safety of the kingdom. As an agent of the king, it’s your job to find out what is happening and avert any danger. The beauty of the game is that just like Skyrim, you can play how YOU want to. Choose from five customizable races and an array of skills, weapons, armor and enchantments, and explore a huge world of four cities and a wilderness of mountains, caves, lakes and forests – full of mystery, magic and intriguing challenges. You will have many choices, including some that may place you against the law, along your way to the dramatic ending of your own choosing. Follow our guide below to have a successful and long-lasting adventure.
2. EnchantingOne of the biggest elements of The Quest is also the most important. Enchanting is the best skill to have in the game as it can make the difference between life and death. It is useful to have heavy enchanted equipment to help you start a new expansion especially if your character is not that strong. It also helps to complete certain quests that need a set level of skill. Obviously you can just go to any shop and pay to get some gear enchanted but that is very expensive in the long run and it is cheaper to enchant yourself. To enchant yourself in the game all you need is the knowledge of the spell enchant and some fortify magic potions to help you get started. Enchantable Gear is a must have. Drink a small fortify magic potion, a large fortify magic potion, an ultimate fortify magic potion and a homemade one if possible. Then cast the spell enchant and select the gear you would like to enchant. If you find yourself able to already enchant to the level you require then just enchant with whatever you want. If not you may want to get some gear with smaller enchant storage and start enchanting it all with environmental magic, as you go along equip this gear and you will notice your enchanting storage going up. Keep going you may have to enchant gear with more storage again with environmental magic and equip, but it is worth the effort. Enchant away with whatever you want but keep the gear stored somewhere safe for future use.
3. Explore the Village of MatrasYou will begin in the area inside or outside of the Village of Matras, or in Cavity of Wolf Creek. Bryl, a kingdom agent, will greet you, and send you on your way to saving the land of Freymore. Talk to everyone you see, as they may have quests for you. This is where many of the game’s first quests begin. You’ll also be able to visit the five shops in town, and pay a visit to the local inn. Outside the inn you’ll also notice a local streetwalker who might just have some information for you…
4. Breaking out of JailIf you get caught doing something illegal in The Quest, you’ll likely end up in jail. The quickest way out is to try and pick the lock. If you are successful, you’ll have to sneak past the guards to escape. If you don’t feel like being risky, you can simply walk around your cell to pass the time until you are freed.
5. General Tips and TricksOnce you get past the monastery in Vastares, you start making a LOT more money — invest in an enchanted weapon/armor to help you power through it.The Abandoned Region/Mine, just to the West of the Pagoda and Vastares, is GREAT for getting loot/gold drops. Just stock up on heal and mana potions before you go. It’s also worth it to have the spells ‘Recall’ and ‘Mark’ prior to entering. Lastly, do not feel compelled to complete every quest in order. Beyond the obvious that you can’t complete the main quest until the end, you are free to complete quests as you see it.
Final WordIf you follow our guide you’ll be successful in this retro styled rpg in no time. Now get out there and explore the massive world that awaits you!
- Enchant weapons
- Complete the game at your own pace
- Stock up at the shops
Top 10 Mobile Games