Developer: Genshin Impact
PS4, PC, Android, iOS
Genshin Impact Guide – Tips, Cheats, and Strategies
This post was written by Nick Schaer on 5 Oct, 2020
1. The Basics of Genshin ImpactThere are not many games that are as beautiful as Genshin Impact. There also aren’t many games that can universally be played on PS4, PC, and mobile with the same or similar graphics. Likewise, you won’t usually find a game of this size and scope that is completely free. Genshin Impact takes anime and JRPGs and brings them to epic form. Follow our guide below for the best ways to conquer this game on any platform.
2. Save Your PrimogemsThis goes without saying for many gacha enthusiasts, but never, ever, spend any currency that can purchase summons on anything other than summons. Genshin Impact will let you use Primogems for more than just buying Intertwined or Acquaint Fates, but you should never take it up on that offer. The rarest characters have less than a 0.6 percent chance of being in one summon so you’re going to need every single fate you can get your hands on, especially if you’re a free-to-play player.
3. Leveling vs ProgressingUnlike most RPGs where questing and leveling up will mean that you’re in the clear to try out more activities that advance the plot, Genshin Impact does have a gatekeeping system. First off, the leveling of your characters is relegated to your usual EXP gains (from monster kills and quest completions). You could even use EXP-boosting items to gain increases rather quickly. However, reaching high levels with characters won’t matter if your Adventure Rank is low. This is basically the gatekeeping system for your progress. If you don’t meet the required Adventure Rank, then that quest simply won’t be doable until much later.
4. Always Bulk SummonAnother tip for folks new to gachas: only summon when you have enough to get the bulk summon. In this case that’s ten Intertwined or Acquaint Fates. That’s 1600 Primogems or roughly $20. Why wait and not just summon as soon as you can afford one pull? In Genshin Impact, much like other gacha games, the developers want to encourage you to do a “full” summon. They do this by guaranteeing at least one four-star or higher item, but only if you purchase the bundle of ten summons. If you pull one by one, you miss out on that guaranteed reward. Since there’s only a five percent chance of any single summon being a four-star item, this is not a bonus you want to miss.
5. Follow the SeelieSeelie – Think of the Seelie as something akin to a will-o’-wisp. It’s a spectral, light blue creature that floats around in areas. The goal is to follow it around until it reaches a small stone receptacle. This will spawn a chest for you to loot. In some cases, there might be several receptacles close to each other which means you’ve gotta find and follow several of these creatures.
6. KeybindingsWhether you’re playing with a controller or keyboard, you’re stuck with whatever MiHoYo currently has assigned as the default keybindings. That means B will be confirm on Xbox controllers rather than A. And if you’re used to “I” opening inventory on a keyboard, you’re out of luck, it’s stuck on “B” instead.
Final WordFollow our guide above and you’ll be on your way to mastering the world of Genshin Impact! Now get out there and explore.
- Save your Primogems
- Level your characters accordingly
Top 10 Mobile Games